Interacting with your pins
Viewing pins on your plan pages gives you a high level view of outstanding tasks, deficiencies, to-dos and archives.
Green pins are pins that you’ve assigned to others
Dark blue pins are pins that you have assigned to yourself, or others have assigned to you
Orange pins are pins that are ready for your approval
Light blue pins are pins that you are following
Grey pins are pins that are in an archived state (All grey pins exist in ‘History mode’)
Pins with red circles around them are pins that are new, or have a comment that has not been read by you.
Your pins can be viewed and interacted with in a variety of ways.
On your mobile device, open a project
Your plan page thumbnails will show you the number of pins, and which pins are on each page. A red banner will tell you that there’s something new on that page.
You can view pins in two ways from your mobile device:.
- Plan view - Displays all your pins on your plan pages
- List view - Displays list cards of all your pins
By default, Buildster displays pins in plan view. To view the list cards you can either
- Enter a project and tap the 3 dots on the top right of your screen and select ‘View All Tasks’. This will display list cards of all your pins in your entire project.
- Enter into an individual page and locate the ‘Swipe up’ option on the bottom left of your screen. This will display the list cards of all the pins on that page. Swipe it down to hide it.
When viewing your ‘Task cards’ you can tap any of them and it will bring you to the task on your plan.
When viewing your Task cards ‘Swipe left’ IOS, or tap the ‘3 dots’ Android, on any card and you can take actions on each card.
Tapping a pin on a plan will display a preview of the pin details on the bottom of your screen. Swipe up on the preview to view the rest of your task details and comment history of each pin. Here you will see action buttons that let you complete, archive, approve, reject and reassign your pins.
A web browser gives you additional space, so the layout is a little different.
Log in to your Buildster account and open a project:
- Your plan page thumbnails will show you the number of pins, and which pins are on each page
- A red banner will tell you that there’s something new on that page
- The list on the right side of the page will show details of every pin in your entire project
- Click on any of the list items on the right and it will display the details of that pin. From this view you can take actions on the pin by clicking the blue buttons on the top, and you can enter comments or add people to the chat by typing the @ symbol
- On the top right you can click the ‘Maximize’ button to open a larger view
- This view will show you the location of the pin on the plan
- On the bottom of the screen you can click the small thumbnail photos to view them in full size
- Click the X on the top right to close the details of this pin
- You can enter text into the search bar and it will search for any text that you entered in the comment or location field at the time of creating the pin
- The plan will display your pins
- The right side list will change to show you only the items on that page
- Click the blue ‘Next or Previous’ buttons at the top to jump pages
- You can hover over any pin for a quick preview. Click the pin to open the details on the right side of your screen
Next, click on a plan page thumbnail to enter into a page